Access a Windows Desktop Remotely. Google’s Chrome OS is meant to be a lightweight operating. Note: If you’re using your Chromebook at work or school, you might not be able to add the Google Play Store or download Android apps. For more information, contact your administrator. Step 1: Get the Google Play Store app 1. Update your Chromebook software. To get Android apps on your Chromebook, make sure your Chrome OS version is up-to-date.
The Google Play store provides users with access to download many types of applications, or apps, and games to download and play on their computer, smartphone, tablet, or Chromebook. Some of the apps and games are free to download, while others cost a small fee.
Download from Google Play for computer
To download an app or game from the Google Play store for a computer, follow the steps below.Note
On a computer, Google Play is only accessible using an Internet browser. You cannot download Google Play to a computer.
- Access the Google Play store: https://play.google.com/store
- On the left side of the Play store homepage, click the Apps option.
- In the navigation bar near the top of the Apps page, click the Categories drop-down list.
- Select the type or genre of app or game you want to find.
- The page shows a refined list of apps or games, based on the type or genre you selected. Find the app or game you want to download and click the icon or its name.
You can also search for an app or game using the Search text box at the top of the page.
- On the app or game page, click the green Install button.
- Follow any additional steps and respond to any prompts that appear to download the install the app or game on your computer.
Some apps and games on the Google Play store are not compatible with Microsoft Windows or Apple macOS. If an app or game is compatible with your computer, you will see a message stating 'This app is compatible with your device' on the app or game page.
If you want to install and use an app that is not compatible with your computer, you need an emulator to download and install it. There are many emulators that serve this purpose. The most trusted and reliable emulator is Bluestacks.
Once you download an emulator, you can log in with your existing Google account, and then download and use Android apps similar to the experience on an Android device or Chromebook.
Download from Google Play for smartphone or tablet
To download an app or game from the Google Play store for a smartphone or tablet, follow the steps below.
If you're using an Android smartphone or tablet, you can use the Google Play app to find and download apps and games using the steps above.
iPhone and iPad users can download the Google Play app from the Apple App store, then follow the steps above.
- Using the Chrome browser on your smartphone or tablet, access the Google Play store at https://play.google.com/store.
- Near the top-left of the Google Play page, tap the icon and tap the Apps option.
- Scroll down the page to view various categories of apps and games, or click Show More at the bottom of the page to view more categories.
- The page shows a refined list of applications or games, based on the type or genre you selected. Find the application or game you want to download and tap the icon or its name.
You can also search for an app or game by tapping on the magnifying glass icon at the top-right of the page. Type in the name of the app or game you want to find and tap the Search button.
Google Chrome Download
- On the app or game page, tap the green Install button.
Download Games On Chromebook Unblocked
Download from Google Play for Chromebook
To download an app or game from the Google Play store on a Chromebook, follow the steps below.
- Access the Google Play app from your app drawer on the Chromebook. If the Google Play app is not in your app drawer, go to https://play.google.com/store.
- Search for the app you want to install, or browse through the list of apps available.
- Once you've found the desired app, click the install button, and the app is added to your Chromebook.
Free Game Downloads For Chromebook
- See the app definition for further information and related links.